Position :Program and Sponsorship Officer ( 2 Positions)
Location :Lake Region Development Program, Rongo and Rusinga Sites.
Reports to : Program Coordinator
Reference code : LRDP/PSO/11/21
Purpose of the Position:
Lake Region Development Programme is seeking applications from qualified candidates for the position of Program and Sponsorship Officer, who shall be in performance of the functions and duties of office, be responsible to the Program Coordinator.. The incumbent shall be responsible for community mobilization, planning, implementation and Co-ordination of programme interventions and establishing long lasting mutually rewarding child-sponsor relationships through high quality, timely and accountable child-sponsor communication in compliance with Sponsor Services Indicators and Measurements Systems ( SSIMS).
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
• Work closely with Lake Region Development Program structures to facilitate the design, planning, implementation and monitoring of child centered programs.
• Guide the organization in developing workable proposals and Annual Plans and budgets.
• Facilitate and enhance quality and timely implementation and monitoring of projects.
• Prepare timely and quality regular project reports.
• Facilitate community trainings and capacity building initiatives.
• Support grant funded activities as required.
• Establish and maintain high sponsor retention rate.
• Establish and maintain effective child inventory management.• Establish and maintain high quality child-sponsor communication through.
informative and educative child mail, donor reports and children’s photographs while ensuring zero rejects.
• Establish and maintain timely child-donor communication.
• Promote child protection policy compliance at all levels.
• Design, implement and evaluate capacity building modules for key stakeholders and partners.
• Monitor and evaluate sponsorship program on monthly, quarterly and annual basis including performance management of Sponsor Relation Volunteers.
• Document and share sponsorship best practices and lessons learned.
• Write timely and accurate reports.
• Design and implement innovative sponsor retention strategies to suit unique socio-cultural practices.
• Facilitate continuous child benefit tracking.
• Any other duty as assigned from time to time.
• Degree in Social Sciences, Community Development or any other related field.
• Three years experience in designing or implementing community development Projects.
• Demonstrated experience in working with child development projects and Community Based Organizations.
• Proficiency in using Microsoft office applications
• Strong communication and presentation skills
• Able to work in a team with minimal supervision
• Excellent interpersonal skills
• Good report writing skills
• Willing and ability to live and work in rural areas.
• Motor cycle riding skills with a valid licence
• Knowledge in photography and video coverage will be an added advantage
How to apply: